I’ve always been a huge fan of Italian cuisine. Among the myriad of mouthwatering dishes available, one stands out – Carrabba’s Tuscan Grilled Chicken. Today, I’ll be sharing the coveted “carrabba’s tuscan grilled chicken recipe” with you, so you can bring that rich, earthy flavor right to your kitchen.
For anyone unfamiliar with Carrabba’s, it’s an Italian grill renowned for its flavorful dishes. Their Tuscan Grilled Chicken is a favorite, and for good reason! Grilled to perfection, this chicken dish oozes with savory flavors, thanks to its special marinade.
When to Serve Carrabba’s Tuscan Grilled Chicken?
Typically, I serve this dish during family gatherings or special occasions. The warm, welcoming atmosphere that Italian food brings sets the right mood. Picture this: the mouthwatering aroma of grilled chicken filling the air, evoking memories of Mediterranean holidays. This dish will be the centerpiece of any meal.
Choosing the Right Equipment
When grilling, I recommend using a proper barbecue grill. If that’s not available, a grill pan on your stovetop works too. The key is ensuring an even distribution of heat. The right grill enhances that rich, earthy flavor and seals in the juicy goodness.
Before grilling, always preheat. This helps in achieving those perfect grill marks, enhancing the visual appeal of the dish.
Let’s Dive into the Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (ground peppercorns)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (if unavailable, table salt works too)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Prepare the Marinade: In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, chopped parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, ground peppercorns (black pepper), kosher salt, and red pepper flakes. Whisk them together until well-mixed.
- Marinate the Chicken: Place the chicken breasts in the bowl, ensuring each piece is well-coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. For a more intense flavor, you can marinate overnight.
- Prepare the Grill: Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat. If using a grill pan, ensure it's hot before placing the chicken on it.
- Grill the Chicken: Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess to drip off. Place the chicken on the grill, and cook for about 7 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). You're looking for a golden-brown color with char marks.
- Rest and Serve: Once done, transfer the chicken to a plate and let it rest for about 5 minutes. This step ensures all the juices are retained, making your Tuscan Grilled Chicken juicy and tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3.5gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 630mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 30g
Side Dish Recommendations:
For a balanced meal, consider these sides:
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes: Their crispy exterior and soft interior complement the chicken perfectly.
- Mediterranean Salad: A mix of fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese with a dash of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Garlic Butter Asparagus: Grilled or pan-fried, this veggie adds a touch of sophistication to your meal.
- Pasta Aglio e Olio: A simple Italian pasta dish made with garlic, olive oil, and chili flakes.
Always remember that the quality of your ingredients plays a significant role. Opt for fresh herbs and spices, quality olive oil, and, most importantly, fresh chicken breasts.
Also, if you want to further elevate the flavor profile of this Carrabba’s Tuscan Grilled Chicken recipe, consider adding some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top just before serving.
Enjoy the journey of Italian flavors, and let your culinary expertise shine through this iconic dish. Whether for a family gathering, date night, or simply a treat for yourself, this Carrabba’s Tuscan Grilled Chicken will surely be a hit!
Cooking Tips & Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Marination: Always marinate your chicken for at least two hours. This ensures that the marinade penetrates deeply, offering a burst of flavor in every bite.
- Grill Seasoning: Carrabba’s grill seasoning is essential. Combining dry ingredients like herbs and spices enhances the chicken’s taste.
- Resting: After grilling, let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes. This seals in the juices, making it tender and succulent.
- Over-marinating: It can make the chicken too salty or overpowering.
- Overcooking: Ensure you check the chicken’s internal temperature. Overcooking can dry it out.
Carrabba’s Tuscan Grilled Chicken is more than just a dish; it’s an experience. From the aroma that fills your kitchen to the flavorful taste, it’s a journey to the heart of Italian cuisine. With this guide and the “carrabba’s tuscan grilled chicken recipe,” you can now confidently recreate this masterpiece at home. Buon appetito!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Tuscan grilled chicken from Carrabba’s?
Tuscan grilled chicken from Carrabba’s is a delectable Italian dish. It’s characterized by its flavorful marinade, which infuses the chicken with herbs, spices, and olive oil before it’s perfectly grilled.
Why is Carrabba’s chicken so good?
Carrabba’s chicken stands out because of its unique marinade and grilling method. The combination of quality ingredients, fresh herbs, and meticulous preparation results in a flavorful and juicy chicken dish.
How many calories are in Carrabba’s Tuscan grilled chicken?
Carrabba’s Tuscan grilled chicken approximately contains 315 calories per serving. However, the exact count might vary based on portion sizes and specific ingredients.
How to grill chicken breast without overcooking?
To avoid overcooking chicken breast, preheat the grill to medium-high heat, use a meat thermometer to check doneness (165°F or 74°C for chicken), and let it rest for 5 minutes post grilling to seal in the juices.
How long should I marinate chicken for the best flavor?
Ideally, chicken should be marinated for at least 2 hours. For deeper flavors, marinating overnight in the refrigerator is recommended.
What are some good side dishes for Tuscan grilled chicken?
Popular sides include roasted rosemary potatoes, Mediterranean salad, garlic butter asparagus, and simple Italian pasta dishes like Pasta Aglio e Olio.
Can I use other parts of the chicken for the Carrabba’s Tuscan grilled chicken recipe?
Absolutely! While chicken breasts are commonly used, you can experiment with thighs or drumsticks. Adjust cooking time based on the chosen cut.
What’s the main ingredient in the marinade that gives the chicken its distinct flavor?
The blend of olive oil, lemon juice, and a mix of herbs and spices, particularly oregano and garlic powder, gives Carrabba’s Tuscan grilled chicken its signature taste.
How can I store leftover Tuscan grilled chicken?
Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It’s best consumed within 3 days for optimal freshness and flavor.
Is Carrabba’s Tuscan grilled chicken gluten-free?
The primary ingredients for the Tuscan grilled chicken are gluten-free. However, if you’re following a strict gluten-free diet, always ensure the specific ingredients and cooking surfaces are free from cross-contamination.
I’m Calvin Lamb, an LA-based culinary enthusiast with a decade’s experience in five-star kitchens. My innovative dishes, inspired by seasonal flavors and sustainable practices, blend classic and modern cuisine. Besides crafting unique culinary experiences, I relish exploring new eateries and devising fresh recipes.